It's official. Peak shipping season is here! UPS® has announced its peak season surcharges for 2022.
Peak shipping season is here! UPS® has announced its peak season surcharges for 2022 in Canada. Effective October 2, 2022, a Peak Surcharge will apply to all Canada origin and import shipments on Large Packages, package that is Over Maximum Limits,1 and packages that require Additional Handling,1. Surcharges on ground services have increased with surcharges added to other UPS services as described below.
Peak/Demand Surcharge – Canada Origin/Import Shipments (from October 2nd till January 14th, 2023)
A Peak/ Demand Surcharge will apply in the amounts set forth below to the indicated service levels during the specified Demand Period.
- UPS Canada Domestic Air and Ground Services (1): $0.95 per package
- UPS Standard® to/from the U.S.*(1): $0.95 per package
- UPS Trade Direct® Northbound: $0.95 per package
- Additional Handling*(1) – All Outbound/Import Services: $7 per package
- Large Package*(1)– All Outbound/Import Services: $70 per package
- Over Maximum Limits*(1)– All Outbound/Import Services: $450 per package
At Quadient, we’ve been staying on top of all the mailing and shipping news so we can bring you the highlights and keep you in the know. No matter what the future brings, we are here to help improve your mailing and shipping processes.
Source: UPS® Peak/Demand Surcharges
Get Shipping Discounts All Year Long With 2ship our Multi-Carrier Shipping Solution!
Want to find the best option based on price and delivery time for shipping? Meet 2Ship. Turn your postage meter into an all-in-one solution: unlock the best rates, get advanced tracking, print labels fast and save 20% on your shipping costs. Take time-consuming guesswork out of your day-to-day shipping with a must-have multi-carrier shipping software!